The AIS Mission Statement
The Association for Information Systems (AIS) serves society through the advancement of knowledge and the promotion of excellence in the practice and study of information systems. AIS is the premier professional association for individuals and organizations who lead the research, teaching, practice, and study of information systems worldwide. (Revised 12/2010)
The AIS Strategic Goals
- Promote AIS as a global leader for excellence in information systems research, practice, and education.
- Position information systems as a leading profession in the service of society.
- Lead and promote excellence in information systems education.
- Lead and promote excellence in information systems scholarship.
- Cultivate a community by providing services and products to meet the diverse needs of members and related communities.
The Regions of AIS
AIS has members from over 90 countries, and is comprised of three different regions: Region 1, the Americas; Region 2, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; and Region 3, Asia and the Pacific. While each of these regions boasts its own unique character, each is also actively engaged with the goals and mission of the association overall.
AIS is dedicated to associational transparency, and therefore provides its members with the opportunity to review the association's audited financials. In order to view the documents, you must be a member and you must be logged into the system.
The Association for Information Systems is incorporated in the state of Illinois as a non-profit organization and is exempt from United States federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Registration fees and membership dues paid to AIS are not tax deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as ordinary and necessary business expenses.
AIS Federal ID# 36-3471141
If you have any questions, please contact the AIS Executive Director.