AIS is proud to partner with the Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT) at the
Fox School of Business, Temple University
to produce the nationwide Information Systems (IS) Job Index. This index, which will be updated periodically, organizes national level data on placement, type of jobs,
satisfaction, and on related factors such as career services, knowledge
level, preparedness, and search strategies.
2015 IS Job Index
The 2015 IS Job Index is now available for download! To purchase the hardcopy version, please visit the AIS Store.
2013 IS Job Index
The top five observations from the IS Job Index report which represents 48 universities and more than 1200 students in the United States are:
- 78% of IS students have a job upon graduation.
- Students graduating with a bachelor's degree in IS earn an average salary of $57,212, which students graduating with a master's degree in the field make an average of $65,394.
- 76% of IS graduates are satisfied with their jobs.
- Information Technology, Financial Services, and Business Services / Consulting are the top industries for IS jobs.
- The most common job classification in information systems is a systems analyst.
For more information on this report, please visit the the following page.